Keywords: Biogeography, Community Ecology, Conservation, Ecosystems, Ecosystem Services, Functional Ecology
Biogeography: assembly rules, alpha/beta/gamma diversities
Functional Ecology and ecosystem functioning: evaluating FD estimators, functional niche, defining functional traits, BEF relationship
Community ecology: dynamic and spatial structure of communities
Ecosystem services: quantifying ES, ES bundles, BES relationship
Fish ecology: defining traits, identifying assembly rules, identifying functions of fish species
I'm a functional ecologist.
When looking at a species, I usually wonder "hum, what are you doing here?". That is the main rationale of my research: linking biodiversity to ecosystem functioning, identifying which drivers shape community structure and evaluating the stability of these complex relationships.
Lately, I have been interested in bringing more functional ecology into conservation (or the other way around ?). To be continued...
- LOREL Claire (2015-2018, co-supervisors: I. Le Viol and E. Porcher, CESCO), on biodiversity patterns and human appropriation of NPP
- VINCENT Florian (2016-2019, co-supervisor: E. Edeline, iEES-Paris), on conservation and engineering of aquatic ecosystems
- MERILLET Laurène (2017-2020, co supervisors: S. Pavoine, CESCO, D. Kopp and M. Robert, LTBH IFREMER), on the spatio-temporal dynamic of marine resources in the Celtic Sea
- PECQUET Jules (2018-2021, co-supervisiors: F. Lasram, ULCO), on the ecosystem services provided by kelps on the French coasts
- Simon Véron (2017-2019) – Global patterns of phylogenetic and functional diversity in land plants. In collaboration with R. Pellens and T. Haevermans (UMR 7205 ISYEB)
- Juliette Delavenne (2017-2018) and Lissette Victorero (2018-2019) - Valorisation of natural history collections and natural expeditions for the conservation and management of deep environments: the unique case of the Tropical Deep Sea Benthos program. In collaboration with S. Samadi (UMR 7205 ISYEB) and B. Leroy (UMR 7208 BOREA).
- Alain Danet (2018-2020) - Spatio-temporal stability of Freshwater ecological networks. In collaboration with C. Fontaine (UMR 7204 CESCO).
- Yoann Baulaz (2020-2022) - Ecosystem services in offshore windfarms. In collaboration with F. Lasram (UMR 8187 LOG) and N. Niquil (UMR 7208 BOREA).
- Benjamin Lejeune (2020-2022) - Identification of the predators of discards. In collaboration with D. Kopp and S. Méhault (LTBH - IFREMER Lorient).
EFESE - écosystèmes agricoles (2014-2016): bundling ecosystem services in the French agroecosystems
LANGOLF - TV (2015-2017): participation to the surveys for the assessment of Nephrops sp stock in the Bay of Biscay
Mérillet L, Kopp D, Robert M, Mouchet MA & Pavoine S (2020) Environment outweighs the effects of fishing in regulating demersal community structure in an exploited marine ecosystem. Global Change Biology (IF=8,88),
Mouchet MA, Poirson M, Morandeau F, Vogel C, Méhault S & Kopp D (2019) Using a trait-based approach to understand the efficiency of a selective device in a multispecific fishery. Scientific Reports (IF=4,52), 9: 12489.
Thévenin C, Mouchet MA, Robert A, Kerbiriou C & Sarrazin F (2018) Reintroductions of birds and mammals involve evolutionarily distinct species at the regional scale. PNAS (IF=9,66) 115(13): 3403-3409.
Villéger S, Brosse S, Mouchet MA, Mouillot D & Vanni MJ (2017) Functional ecology of fish: current approaches and future challenges. Aquatic Sciences (IF=2,82), 79(4): 783-801.
Escalas A, Troussellier M, Yuan T, Bouvier T, Bouvier C, Mouchet MA, Flores Hernandez D, Ramos Miranda J, Zhou J & Mouillot D (2017) Functional diversity and redundancy across fish gut, sediment, and water bacterial communities. Environmental Microbiology (IF=5,39), 19(8): 3268-3282.
Mouchet MA, Paracchini ML, Schulp CJE, Stürck J, Verkerk PJ, Verburg PH & Lavorel S (2017) Bundles of ecosystem (dis)services and multifunctionality across European landscapes. Ecological Indicators (IF=3,9), 73: 23-28.
Robert A, Fontaine C, Veron S, Monnet AC, Legrand M, Clavel J, Chantepie S, Couvet D, Ducarme F, Fontaine B, Jiguet, F, Le Viol l, Rolland J, Sarrazin F, Teplitsky C & Mouchet MA (2017) Fixism and conservation science. Conservation Biology (IF= 4,84), 31: 781–788.
Lamarque P, Quétier F, Mouchet MA, Lavorel S (2014) Plant trait-based models identify direct and indirect effects of climate change on bundles of grassland ecosystem services. PNAS (IF=9,8), 111(38): 13751-13756.
Mouchet MA, Villéger S, Mason N & Mouillot D (2010) Functional diversity measures: an overview of their redundancy and their ability to discriminate community assembly rules. Functional Ecology (IF=4,6), 24: 867–876.
See my profile on ResearchGate for the other publications.
Several reports on ecosystem services in France and Europe (available here)
Therond O (coord.), Tichit M (coord.), Tibi A (coord.) et al. (2017) Volet "écosystèmes agricoles" de l’Evaluation Française des Ecosystèmes et des Services Ecosystémiques. Rapport d'étude INRA.
Mouchet MA, Geijzendorffer I (2017) Chapitre 12. Identification de bouquets de services clés. Rapport INRA sur l’étude EFESE-écosystèmes agricoles.
Mouchet MA, Rega C, Lavorel S, et al. (2014). Science-based trade-off and synergy evaluation of hotspots and problem spots in future ESS supply. VOLANTE EU FP7 project, deliverable 12.2. (121p).
Mouchet MA, Lavorel S, Maes J, et al. (2013). Identification of current hotspots and a typology relating to potential causes. VOLANTE EU FP7 project, delivrable 8.3. (45p).
Mouchet MA, Lavorel S., Paracchini ML, et al. (2013). Spatially explicit assessment of current ecosystem service supply for Europe. VOLANTE EU FP7 project, delivrable 8.2. (23p). Wolfslehner B, Aggestam F, Mouchet MA & Lavorel S (2012) Integrating science-based and value-based trade-off analysis methods. VOLANTE EU FP7 project, delivrable 12.1. (23p).
Mouchet MA, Lavorel S, Paracchini ML, et al. (2012). A framework for trade-off analysis of ecosystem service indicators. VOLANTE EU FP7 project, delivrable 8.1. (37p).
Verburg P, Metzger M, Lotze-Campen H, Popp A, Walz A, Mouchet MA (2012). Description of the VOLANTE assessment framework. VOLANTE EU FP7 project, deliverable 5.1. (60p).